Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 3, Peripherally productive part 1

Today was an interesting day. We're working into somewhat of a routine. Roll out of bed around seven or so and head down to the lower patio to meditate. This morning we had seven people including our Yogi Anil doing the meditation. The usual 10 minutes of silent breathing exercises and then 15 minutes of om chanting. Afterwards, we had our usual high five into the 50 degree pool water. I'll have more pictures of that later, Craig, our master photographer took some serious film footage of us jumping, you can view his blog here


I then accompanied the rest of the Mega team to the office where they had a meeting and I had hoped to change the rental car (we were getting a cheaper one today). I had figured the plan would be that the meeting would be short and then the team could drop me off back at the hotel, so I didn't bring anything other than a cell phone and my license etc. I had planned that as soon as I figured out the car, they'd be done, so no time wasted. I was wrong and should have brought my pc. 2.5 hours later, we left the office. I now know everything about my cell phone, memorized take out menus that I found in the office, and organized several meetings and trips by text. Oh well, such is south africa, gave me time to figure out the swaziland trip.

Speaking of, we will be heading there this weekend, on Sunday for a day trip to the country, seeing the cultural center and then also heading out into the local culture, sounds like our guide has something set up. It's actually surprisingly expensive in South African terms, but then again, $100 for a full day in Swaziland is fine with me really.

Still figuring out Saturday, we know the morning is occupied by the Chimpanzee farm at the Jane Goodall Institute or something, so that's going to be great. Might head to a cultural festival at the Mozambique, Swaziland border for the afternoon, there's some monument being erected.

In the afternoon, the five of us gathered the mighty envelope, the collection of all of the IBMers here on the program to go and buy things for the kids. All told, the 14 of us put together over $500 which bought lots of great stuff for the kids. We also had a bunch of gifts which we brought with us which you can see in the video below that we'll take to the kids, which kids?


Next up, the shopping trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment